My first Wine night stand ...

Do you believe in love at first sip?


I’m usually not that easy.

I prefer to take my time and get to know the bottle I am dealing with. As if, by knowing the story behind, it would help me savoring the subtlety of the aromas. I guess it’s a matter of trust. Or, maybe we do intellectualize too much everything, and we sometimes forget to let our senses go… 

Come on; let yourself be… at least for one night. Surrender to the temptation.

I met you in an awkward situation. At a business dinner. Pretty serious discussions were going on. Nothing could have warned my senses to expect such a shock.

I did not even really look at you when you got poured into my glass. I can be posh sometimes. Or even bitchy. I started noticing you only when my host dropped you back onto the table. You know why? That smell. All over the atmosphere. Hypnotic. I suddenly felt in the middle of a garden of dark berries, at the end of a sunny afternoon in Italy. From there, all my attention was on you.

You got me smartass.

Your aromas were so intense, that you totally turned me on. Your texture was velvety, rich and soft at the same time; your palate was complex and exuberant; this extraordinary taste lasted for a very long time in my mouth. Every sip was a new discovery… my glass felt almost embarrassed to be in between you and my lips. Poor dude, testifying such passion, being a cold glass.

Masi Amarone Costasera clasico 1997, you have been good to me. I don’t know if I’ll ever see you again as, according to people (gossips? Jealousy?), you’re not that easy to find. But I would like to thank you for that brief but powerful moment. That unexpected connection. I still think of you today, maybe because I know I might not ever see you again.

You’ve totally disarmed me. And left me there, on my own, with no contact. But with a strong feeling of plenitude.

That was my first real Wine night stand.

But surely not the last one. 

My one night lover

Comments

Popular Posts